Breathing yoga is some of the primary yet effective forms of yoga that we all practice at some point. They not only calm your nerves but also have positive impacts on your physical conditions. Pranayama is one such breathing yoga that has several forms, and each type has different benefits. In Sanskrit, pranayama means to work in the direction of “prana,” which means life or the vital energy needed to sustain life.
Many believe that the prana will create an aura around the person and flows in different energy channels and centers known as “Nadi” and “chakra,” respectively. The quality of these channels and center determine the state of mind for the person. If you can elevate the class, you will have better control over your mind, and hence a better mental state. Therefore, practicing pranayama has its importance.
Benefits Of Pranayama
There are several physical and emotional advantages of practicing this yoga. Moreover, it is simple for any physical condition. The most difficult about this specific yoga is being able to concentrate and focus.
- It helps to make your aura more positive through cleansing your body system of toxins and hence, rejuvenate your energy.
- Blocked “Nadis” and “Chakras” are cleaned in the process, which in turn helps to expand your aura and heighten your spirit.
- When you regularly practice this yoga, you will remain energetic, optimistic, enthusiastic, and calmer daily. It helps you to learn to have better control over your psyche, which is essential to ensure you have a healthier lifestyle.
- The body, mind, and spirit will be in harmony when you practice pranayama regularly, provided you are following the correct methods. It means you will be emotionally and spiritually stronger and eventually be able to make better decisions and feel happier and overcome adversities easily.
- The mind stays clarified, and you can make sure your health gets boosted too.
Variations Of Pranayama
There are several variations of pranayama. It makes it a prevalent practice among people as there is a method simple enough for everyone to try out.
- One popular form is the Bhromora pranayama. If you have hypertension and are unable to calm yourself quickly in any minor situation, this yoga is a suitable choice.
- Kapal Bhati is a prevalent form of this yoga, which is also very easy to perform. It helps to detoxify the system and to calm your mind by unblocking your energy channels and centers.
- Bhrastika pranayama can make a person feel energetic.
- The Nadi Sodhan pranayama is noted for making your mind clear and help you focus on any task much better.
Pranayama is an excellent way to rejuvenate your mind and body, and it takes very little time to do it. Once you know about the benefits and different forms, it becomes easier to use these yoga forms. It is a must to include in your daily regimen. To know more about asanas, you can stay tuned to our channel.